Abstract submission will be through the Footwear Science portal within the Taylor and Francis site. Accepted papers will be included in a special issue of Footwear Science. The online submission system will open January 3, 2017. Final abstract submission deadline will be February 13, 2017. THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSIONS!!
Below you will find instructions for preparing your abstract for the 2017 Footwear Biomechanics Symposium. Step by step instructions are available on this page as well as in the Submission Checklist document. Sample submission documents in both word and PDF file format is also available:
Checklist: Preparing abstracts for the Footwear Biomechanics Symposium “GoldCoast 2017” NB: Submissions open 3 Jan 2017 and close 13 Feb 2017
You will need to prepare and submit two separate copies of your abstract. A: One will be a complete PDF version with title, authors, figures, tables etc. This will be emailed to the editors as a pdf. B: you will also submit a copy of the contents in steps using the electronic submission process for Footwear Science. We begin here to explain how to prepare and submit A: the complete pdf version.
- Refer to one of the templates, provided on the FBS-17 Abstract Submission page << http://www.fbs2017.footwearbiomechanics.org/abstracts>> (e.g., Sample-FW2017.docx, Sample-FW2017.doc, Sample-FW2017.pdf). These are all different filetypes of the same document. NB: For now ignore the “sample-main-doc-electronic.docx” sample. That will be useful further on during the electronic submission process.
- Use this document and write your own text in Times New Roman 12 point as shown in the sample documents, keeping the format of the sample document.
- The number of characters has to be less than 4000 (without spaces) for the main document text, including the references as well as the table and figure legends. Check the number of characters with your word processing program.
- Include your graphs and tables in the document as shown in the sample document. Do NOT use colour. Use only black and white or grey shading for your graphs and pictures.
- You should only use 2 items in the abstract: 2 graphs (pictures) or 2 tables or 1 graph and 1 table
- Make sure that your final document has a length of less than 2 pages !!!
- Create a pdf-file from your Word document with a size of less than 1 Mb, identify it with the last name of the first author, followed by the date (YYMMDD), for example, Smith170117.pdf, and send it to the following e-mail: mailto:email@example.com
Now you start the electronic submission process by going to the Taylor & Francis
submission home page: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com:80/tfws
- If you have not been a Footwear Science author or reviewer before, you will have to create a new account.
- Once you have a User ID and Password, you log in and click on „Author Centre“, where you will see "Click here to submit a new manuscript“ in the upper righthand part of the page. Click on the "here" link to the right of the small star logo.
- In the first field of entry, select the manuscript type "Proceedings Abstracts“ (NOT “Proceedings Articles”) at the bottom of the pull-down menu. This is critical to making sure your submission is processed.
- Enter the title of your submission – choose 5 keywords – and fill out the information for author and coauthors. Pay attention to these entries as they will define the order of authors and affiliations in the published abstract.
- You do not have to include a cover letter but answer all items which have a req label on the left side. Include the number of figures and tables (colour figures are not allowed). Check the number of characters with your word processing program. Must be less than 4000.
- After saving all this information you come to the file upload section.
- Make a copy of your original word document and in this copy of your original word document remove the title and author section, the figures and tables as well as their legends. This creates an anonymous document with all your main submissions text.
- Identify in the document where these figures and table used to be => here figure 1, etc. A file on this homepage (sample-main-document.docx) shows, how your main document should look like for the electronic submission process. Upload your main document to the Taylor & Francis submission site.
- Do the same with your graphs, pictures (black & white or grey) and tables.
- Finally you have to review your assembled document and submit it.
- FYI: You can stop the process any time and continue the submission process where you left it. All graphs, figures, and the main document can also be deleted or replaced at any time, until you confirm your submission. NB: Submitting an abstract does not mean you have registered for the symposium.
Please note that NO changes can be accepted after submission. Make sure your submitted abstract is exactly as you would want it published, if it were to be accepted. If your abstract is accepted it will be sent to the publishers as submitted. You will not see proofs, and you will not have a chance to make any changes. Therefore, make 100% sure it is exactly as you would like it when submitted.
REMEMBER THE FINAL DATE FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION IS 13 FEB 2017
THERE WILL BE NO DEADLINE EXTENSIONS
SUBMISSIONS OPEN 3 JAN 2017
ACCEPTANCES OR REJECTIONS WILL BE EMAILED ON 31 MAR 2017